Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wavosaur not responding to line-in

Chad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: wavosaur not responding to line-in Reply with quote

Hello.
I downloaded Wavosaur in order to use Guitar Amp VST's. I record with the Kristal Audio Engine program, and needed a VST host that would allow me to model guitar amplifiers, record guitar played through the VST then convert that recording file into a WAV file so I can import it into one of the recording tracks in the Kristal Audio Engine program to be used and mixed into my recording. But I can't get the Wavosaur to read or recognize the line in from my guitar. I run a line from my guitar to the "line-in" port in the bottom rear of my pc. Then when I want to record with Kristal, I select a recording track and then select the audio imput (in this case: "line-in" as opposed to "mic"). Then I can test the signal by strumming a bit, and watching the level meter to make sure it is getting sound.

Now for the Wavosaur problem. I configered the Audio in to play "line-in" (in options tab). Then I check the signal using the oscilator, but I get no signal at all. As a secondary check, I go to my Kristal program and set everything up as if I am recording through line-in.........and presto, there is the signal. So, why does it work in the Kristal Audio Engine, but not in Wavosaur? I do not have an ASIO sound card, but the sound card that is in the computer is select in the Audio Configer section of Wavosaur. How do I get this to work??? I have followed the directions over and over and nothing. But it still reads the line in signal when I test it in Kristal. What gives?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

About the recording : is there also nothing on the vu-meter and the "monitor input with vu meter" button checked (the button next the "record button") ?

If i understand you want to record with VST plugins (line in -> VST plugins -> wav file) , Wavosaur can't do that and i thonk Kristal can't do that too (can't remember, i have to give a test). the way it works in Wavosaur and Kristal is line in -> wav file, then after the recording: wav file -> VST plugins -> wav file
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :