Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XP "memory allocation error"

OldFart_77

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: XP "memory allocation error" Reply with quote

Hello All

I installed Wavosaur last week and liked what I found. I used it in several sessions without any problems, shutting down my system between sessions. Prior to installing the software. I installed a new PCI sound card since XP refused to recognize the built-in sound card on the motherboard (it had worked fine under WinME -- I went to XP after something under WinME severely trashed a hard-drive and turned it into a paperweight.)

Everything seemed to be working fine. However, when I started up Wavosaur on my next session (after a day or two without booting-up the machine) I noticed that all of the tool bars had been stacked up in a single column, something that I had not done. When I went to load in a file to work on, I got the dreaded "Memory Allocation Error", the file would not load, & I could not use the software. The sound card appears to work fine (its playing now-I'm on a different machine.) When I use the XP tools to check on the sound card it reports that the card is functioning normally.

Anyone have any idea of what might be wrong, and how to fix? Should I uninstall & reinstall Wavosaur? Has anyone else encountered this condition under XP? BTW, XP is fully up-to-date (not XP-Pro).

TIA

OF-77
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello & welcome to the forum,
You could try to delete the Wavosaur.ini et Wavosaur.cfg file before you start the program, the problem about the toolbars makes me think that maybe the .ini file got corrupted
OldFart_77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rex

Thanks for the hints. After deleting the W~.INI & the W~.CFG files I tried firing up WAVOSAUR. It came up correctly, but when I tried to load an MP3 file to work on, I received the "Memory Allocation Error" once again.

I am writing this on Monday morning, my time. Saturday I fired up WAVOSAUR without changing anything on the machine. I was able to load two separate MP3 files and work on them (individually) to my satisfaction. However, when I went to load the third file of the session (after closing the last one) I got the same error. When I loaded the second file, I got a notice from the O/S that it was resetting my virtual swap space. But I was able to process that file without problems. [On a prior use, I realigned the tool bars, and they have remained as I relocated them.]

As a means to try to test life, I loaded WAVOSAUR onto another of my machines that is running under XP-Pro. The memory error was reported here too the very first attempt to use it. BTW, I have also loaded the LAME_ENC.DLL into directories on both machines..

One day it works, another it doesn't. If my hair wasn't already gray, it soon would be.

Extreme embarrassment on my part -- I just checked both machines and they are both XP-Pro -- for some reason they have different splash screens. The first machine has 384Mb of RAM (I thought it had more) and the second machine has 704Mb RAM. Both AMD Athlon 1Gb Hz CPU.

Take Care. TIA.

OF
Dandruff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that's a known issue, isn't it?

http://www.wavosaur.com/forum/unable-to-load-large-mp3-1-0-0-8000-t293.html
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right Dandruff. Wavosaur is not yet optimized for huge files.
http://www.wavosaur.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :