Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amplitude modulation frequency shift?

abstract_flight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Amplitude modulation frequency shift? Reply with quote

Big words, and I don't even know for sure this is what I'm looking for, so bear with me. It stands for a technique that adds a fixed frequency offset to the frequency of every note

I need a tool that will perform a frequency shift by adding a fixed value to the frequency (i.e. 15 hz). This is not your regular picth shifter, which adds a constant delta in semitones (or cents), and which result in adding a percentage delta to each frequency.

Let me explain: if you use a pitch shifter to increase by 1 semitone, a 400hz frequency will get shifted to 423.8 (but a 200hz frequency will get shifted to 211.9). I need a shifter that will add a fixed amount to every frequency (i.e. 400 becomes 415 and 200 becomes 215, both get 15 added). Some google searches gave me a lot more details on pitch shifting algorithms than I have ever wanted to learn, most of which won't do what I'm looking for. In those google search sessions, I found the term "amplitude modulation frequency shift" to be defined roughly as "a technique which adds a fixed frequency offset to the frequency of every note".

Phew, sorry about the long preamble... does anyone know of a tool or plugin that performs such fixed frequency offsets?

Many thanks,
Dan
Cameron Bobro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are looking for is a Bode frequency shifter. There are some for Linux, and you can do it in Pd and Csound. You'd have to look around for a VST. There is one in the Arturia Moog Modular simulation, and some built into delay effects plugins.

An extremely high-quality Bode freq shifter built into an audio editor (maybe not even real-time) would be a fantastic feature!
FordMustang

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wot ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :