Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Failure to record a long track

MellishR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Failure to record a long track Reply with quote

I have just today tried Wavosaur because my usual software, Cool Edit, has stopped working on my main computer which has a good sound card. I have encountered two problems, one minor but one serious.

The minor one is that when Wavosaur is recording the stop button is greyed out. Is this intentional, and if so why? It took me a little while to find that I could stop recording by unticking "Start" in the Record drop-down menu. Is that the correct method?

The serious problem is that, when a long tape (about 2 hours) reached the end, and I stopped recording, the software gave an error. I'm afraid I neglected to do a screenshot, but it was something about being unable to LOAD a file, and a file being saved. There was indeed a file in the Wavosaur folder with a name including a timetamp and a .rec extension, but I can't find what to do with it. Anyway Wavosaur won't load it.

Is there in fact a limit on the length of a recording in Wavosaur?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

you can also stop the recording by clicking again on the record button.

Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of Wavosaur ?
when using the 32 bit version, you can have problem when opening enormous large files.

you can convert the .rec file to wav with this tool : http://www.wavosaur.com/forum/rec-recover-v-1-0-0-3-t1230.html
MellishR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks. That has worked perfectly.

Meanwhile, however, I have got Cool Edit working again, so I don't know how much use I will make of Wavosaur.
FordMustang

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooledit is not free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :