Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

feature requests - zoom and scroll related

iain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: feature requests - zoom and scroll related Reply with quote

Hey there!

Wavosaur is a really nice little program! I just started using it today, while doing an assignment for university, and it's done well Surprised)

Some things I think could be improved:

1. Tab key goes to the next marker, but the shortcut key for "go to previous marker" is obscure - on my computer it shows up as a "squared" key (as in "five squared equals twenty-five", which I've never seen on a keyboard. Could that be made to be Ctrl+Tab or at least something less obscure?

2. When zoomed in a long way (such as to be able to see individual wavelengths) you cannot use the scrollbar arrows to scroll right. Whenever you click the arrow, it moves right, but then seems to move a predetermined distance to the left immediately after. In this way, you inevitably end up scrolling left, even when trying to scroll right. It is possible to be at a certain zoom level where the movement left exactly counters the movement right, so no scrolling occurs, so I suspect it is an issue with the scrollbar itself.

3. I found myself wanting to use the "zoom at mouse pointer" function far more than the "zoom at current position" function, and found it slightly tedious to need to use the F3 and F4 keys. A "zoom mode" toggle button that lets you change between the two, or a key to hold down that changes between the two, would be a great addition.

4. Better documentation

5. In particular, better documentation of keyboard shortcuts!

Thanks for all your hard work! You've got a great little product here Surprised)
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello , welcome to our forum.

The "go to previous marker" shortcut is the key near the 1, on the left: the 'º' key.

The problem with the scrollbar seems to happen everytime (not only with big zoomed) , that's a bug i wasn't aware of, we'll have a look at that

We'll see also if we can add a zoom behaviour toggle

Thanks for you suggestions
iain

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the "`" and "~" key? Because I'm pretty sure I've never seen a "º" key on a keyboard. I'm using a US keyboard. Is that what you're using?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ² is for french keyboard, the º for spanish keyboard, it seems that no one has the same character. I'll make the change in the documention (or we'll choose another key)
iain

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see! Yeah, we don't have that key. That sounds like a good move, thanks!

If I might suggest... Shift+Tab would be a good key combination for "previous marker" given that Tab is they key for "next marker" - it's intuitive, given that so many other programs that use the Tab key use Shift+Tab for the inverse operation.

Thanks for your great work Surprised)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :