Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tommyD's REALLY Long and REALLY Greedy List of FRs

tommyD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: tommyD's REALLY Long and REALLY Greedy List of FRs Reply with quote

(N.B. Some of these are already on the "to do" list, some have already been suggested by other people…)

1. Support for More Formats

(Already suggested by Smurf43 and others; already on the "to do" list)

Yes please. Especially: OGG Vorbis, .flac, aiff…bring it on, basically: the more the better! And speaking of files…

2. File Browser with Preview

(Already suggested by sync)

A preview browser that allows you to audition files before you open them would be great. An "autoplay" function would be useful here so you could audition all the audiofiles in a folder by just scrolling through them with the up and down arrow keys.

3. More Keyboard Shortcuts

(Already suggested by wzn, DigeniNikos and R.A.W. amongst others).

Plus, the ability to change/define keyboard shortcuts (maybe in the .ini configuration file?). This would be extremely helpful; it would also make it possible to use AutoHotKey with Wavosaur.

4. Alternative Mousewheel Mode

I’ve been thinking about how you move around the audiofile. I really like using the RMB to drag the file around...but I’m used to having the context menu and I’m lost when it’s not there. So I got thinking about the mousewheel...

I like the way you can zoom in and out with the mousewheel - it’s what I’m used to from Reaper - but I think an alternative mode might be useful, too. It would be great if you could use the mousewheel to move through the audiofile i.e. to ffwd/reverse (if the file is playing), or to scroll the position pointer forwards and backwards (if the file is stopped).

Ideally you could use a key to switch between the two mouse-modes: mousewheel only = "scroll mode"; mousewheel-plus-CTRL-key = zoom in/out. I’ve no idea if this is possible or not, but it would be really cool!

5. Position Bar

If you’re working on a small section of a long file it’s easy to lose track of where you are in the file as a whole. You could have a small display – like a thin bar – running across the top of the screen between the toolbars and the main display that shows: 1) the waveform of the whole file 2) where the position pointer is in the file 3) where the part of the file showing in the main display is in the whole file 4) where the currently selected part of the file is in the whole file.

6. More Marker Options

Labelling markers (e.g. "Verse 1") would be nice (already suggested by Skaven252). Being able to colour-code them would be cool, too.

7. Tempo Calculator

This would be REALLY useful for working with loops; I don’t know why so few editors have it. What I mean is: you select part of the audiofile, tell Wavosaur how many beats are in that part, and Wavosaur automatically calculates the tempo in bpm.

8. More Batch Processes

e.g. "fade to –inf dB in the last 20ms", which would be very useful for dealing with large numbers of poorly-edited samples.

As you can see, I don't want much :)

Thankyouandgoodnight...
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We note all this good suggestions!

I agree with fades in/out in batch process.

Quote:
I really like using the RMB to drag the file around...but I’m used to having the context menu

You can activate the context menu on right mouse click: menu Options->Editor configuration and check "popup menu on right click", when doing that the "drag out" is on the middle-button instead of the right.

Good suggestion about the drag with mouswheel.
tommyD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex wrote:
We note all this good suggestions!

Thank you :)

Rex wrote:
I agree with fades in/out in batch process.

Yeah, that would be very helpful.

Quote:
I really like using the RMB to drag the file around...but I’m used to having the context menu

Rex wrote:
You can activate the context menu on right mouse click: menu Options->Editor configuration and check "popup menu on right click", when doing that the "drag out" is on the middle-button instead of the right.

...but 5 mins later I miss RMB "drag out", so I end up changing back and forth between the two modes!
(Hmmmm...maybe I should buy a 3-button mouse... Wink )

Rex wrote:
Good suggestion about the drag with mouswheel.

Thank you (I got the idea from VLC media player).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :