Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Listen live through line-in?

pdxwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Listen live through line-in? Reply with quote

So, I am attempting to transfer audio cassette recordings to my PC via my line-in on the sound card. This is an 8 channel High Def card (Realtek ALC888DD) that is built into the Gigabyte GA-M95SLI motherboard.

I can push play on the tape deck and then click record on in Wavosaur, but I cannot hear what is being recorded, until I stop recording and then play it back. I currently do not have external speakers attached to the tape deck and really do not want to - I already have a 5.1 speaker system attached to the PC and feel that additional speakers would take up unnecessary room.

My question is, can I push play on the tape deck and have the audio come out directly from Wavosaur, then when I am at an area that I want to record (or stop recording) I can just press the record button? Basically listen to live feed and capture it as needed.

If this software can't/won't do this are there are other freeware/shareware programs that can?

Thanks!
poivre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a "play through" in Wavosaur, altough i haven't searched for

On my system this kind of thing is handled by my soundcard drivers, with different monitoring options. I don't know much the realtek embedded soundcards, maybe you can monitor input
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment there is no "direct monitoring" for input in Wavosaur. As poivre said this kind of feature should be available from your soundcard/drivers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :