Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 feature requests / suggestions for improvement

audiosaur

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: 10 feature requests / suggestions for improvement Reply with quote

1. Simplified time display - display time in minutes, seconds and milliseconds (don't show the hours)

2. A 'Redo' option as in every other audio editing program. Having just 'Undo' is not enough.

3. ASIO Recording (ASIO IN). The current version of Wavosaur uses ASIO only for playback :(

4. Show DC offset values in the statistics window. Also display the computed DC offset values before applying DC removal

5. Option to display a finer dB scale for the VU meter (1dB/div. instead of the current 3dB/div.) and show the max. value numerically above the meter (like in Reaper and Sound Forge)

6. The dark green parts of the VU meter are very difficult to see on a CRT display. Brighten those dark shades and make the VU meter a bit thicker (like those in Reaper and Sound Forge)

7. Add an asterisk (*) in the titlebar next to the filename to indicate that the modified file is not saved to disk.

8. Option for the VU meter to show RMS values instead of peak.

9. Ability to customize the order of the transport buttons.

10. Ability to choose a name for the newly-recorded audio file when the recording is finished.

Last edited by audiosaur on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
FordMustang

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree
xpander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 feature requests / suggestions for improvement Reply with quote

audiosaur wrote:
1. Simplified time display - display time in minutes, seconds and milliseconds (don't show the hours)

This would make the display simpler, but how should it work for files actually longer than an hour...still show it just in minutes? I'm actually used to displays which show frames too, and could see some benefit from that also, even though I don't deal with videos personally. Options?

audiosaur wrote:
2. A 'Redo' option as in every other audio editing program. Having just 'Undo' is not enough.

3. ASIO Recording (ASIO IN). The current version of Wavosaur uses ASIO only for playback Sad

4. Show DC offset values in the statistics window. Also display the computed DC offset values before applying DC removal

I agree on all of these.

audiosaur wrote:
5. Option to display a finer dB scale for the VU meter (1dB/div. instead of the current 3dB/div.) and show the max. value numerically above the meter (like in Reaper and Sound Forge)

Agreed on max value display, and with value reset by clicking on appropriate display. Even current meter would be handier if the bouncing max marker line would stay visible longer, or optionally made steady in last maximum reading. Reset by clicking the meter or from the current menu; "Reset clip".

audiosaur wrote:
6. The dark green parts of the VU meter are very difficult to see on a CRT display. Brighten those dark shades and make the VU meter a bit thicker (like those in Reaper and Sound Forge)

7. Add an asterisk (*) in the titlebar next to the filename to indicate that the modified file is not saved to disk.

8. Option for the VU meter to show RMS values instead of peak.

Agreed on all of these, although can´t say anything about CRT problems here.

audiosaur wrote:
9. Ability to customize the order of the transport buttons.

Not been any big problem here, although have to admit being used to little different arrangements. Would be nice option.

audiosaur wrote:
10. Ability to choose a name for the newly-recorded audio file when the recording is finished.

I´m puzzled about this one. I record a new clip, choose "Save as" and the new file is named like I type it in and saved, right there and then. Or do you mean like choosing from some kind of preset name list (with added suffix, number etc.)?

Not meant to steal your list Audiosaur, but added with FLAC support and file preview option, this could pretty much be my list also...so please forgive the intrusion.
FordMustang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree
DAM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with all steps, but i have also one point:

1. a general option for rendering/dithering to a new file and/or with a specific vst Wink
2. a add silence function with specific ms or sec value
R.A.W.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steki wrote:

you mean like the one in process>>insert silence? Wink

http://www.bitmud.com
wavedog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these features plus FLAC support would make Wavosaur so much better.
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FLAC support

Flac support is stopped for the moment.
http://www.wavosaur.com
LeeScorsby

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wavosaur Main Developer wrote:
Quote:
FLAC support

Flac support is stopped for the moment.

Would you mind explaining why FLAC support has been stopped? It seems to be 4 years now since people have asked for it.
DAM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.A.W. wrote:
steki wrote:

you mean like the one in process>>insert silence? Wink

shit! THANKS man Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :