Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batch processing is converting to wav although NOT selected

linda-32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Batch processing is converting to wav although NOT selected Reply with quote

Batch processing is converting to wav although NOT selected. Being dumb & tired I just assumed that was the way it was, till I got some sleep & thought about it & checked. The conversion is a Function in Batch but it is NOT selected. So, what's happening & what can I do about it? (Spent hours reconverting to mp3s!)
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello & welcome

I don't understand.

Can you describe all the operations you did ?

- What function did you user in the batch processor ?
- On what files did you apply a batch processing ? (all wav, all mp3, wav & mp3 ?)

Quote:
Spent hours reconverting to mp3s!

note that you can batch convert to mp3
and also : batch converting to wav doesn't overwrite the mp3 files from the source folder.
linda-32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Bugged??? Reply with quote

What I do is go to Tools/Batch Processor, then hit "..." to get Source and " ..." to get Destination.
Then I go down the Function list & highlight "Auto trim at -InfdB", and hit Run. That's all I've been interested in doing.
The files are ALL mp3s.
Yes, I do batch convert back to mp3.

I was going to post again tonight (I didn't get an email that anyone had answered my last post). Anyhow, I was going to post that I think there might be a bug in the program. I was doing some more trimming and I noticed that after each file came up it would say:
Extracting ok
Done!
I have a feeling that it's not trimming at all, but is instead purposely converting to wav, although as I wrote in my original post "converting to wav" is NOT selected. Perhaps "Auto trim..." in the program is mislabled.
(I've done several hundred files. You know that most don't need to be trimmed & I am hard put to say whether my files have or haven't been trimmed, although I did notice a couple of songs I was listening to, while I was busy, I did wonder about, but was too busy to stop & see).
Anyhow, what do you think?
Any many thanks again for answering.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds correct.

The program outputs .wav files, this is normal. If you want to auto trim mp3 it is a two-step operations : Wavosaur decodes/trim/write the files, then you have to re-encode to mp3

don't forget that each re-encoding lower the quality.

mp3 is a "final" format, every operations should be done before encoding something to mp3.

About the auto trim : don't forget that -inf dB is absolute silence, if there is a little noise floor (even barely hearable) or a DC offset, it won't be trimmed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :