Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Different Audio Sources = Diff Speed: How Make Same Speed?

SouthronPatriot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Different Audio Sources = Diff Speed: How Make Same Speed? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new to Wavosaur but do love the program so far. I've downloaded two files from youtube then converted both to MP3. I also recorded one audio file from my dr-100 digital recorder which is also MP3. I paste the files together on Wavosaur but the speed is different. I have indeed pasted them together but spent the last 5 hours trying to figure out how to make the three files pasted together the same speed. I now post as a last option. How do the speed the same on these three audio files? Please give clear directions that can be followed. Thank you 1,000 + 1 times!!!!!
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

first you have to know the speed of each files.
if you don't know, you can select 4 beats and then use menu-> Tools->BPM calculator
if your files have no beat it will be more difficult!

then you have to make the speed match:
you can lower or rise the pitch (menu -> Process -> Pitch Shift -> Simple
but this will alter the pitch
if you want to keep the pitch, you have to time stretch / expand : here's some information on how to do it :
http://blog.wavosaur.com/timestretch-in-wavosaur-for-free/

If you come with three files or more you want to mix and tempo match maybe you need a sequencer too : check out "Reaper" for example : http://www.reaper.fm/
SouthronPatriot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex, I just wanted to say "thank you", the final solution "Process -> Pitch Shift -> Simple" then playing with the numbers worked. I should point out for others reading that I could not alter the file with all three audio file together for if I tried it would automatically adjust the other two files without my knowledge or permission. So I instead went to the original file itself, and make it either too slow or too fast then paste that weird version in with the other normal sounding files. Then when Wavosaur made it's adjustment (for unknown reason) all three files would be normal, your assistance worked......thank you tremendously!!!!
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad it worked Okayyyyyy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :