Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lame Encoder for Wavosaur 64 bit

donde

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Lame Encoder for Wavosaur 64 bit Reply with quote

I have downloaded the latest versions of Wavosaur in both 32 bit and 64 bit from the web site. I unzipped the files into their own directories on the hard drive of my 64 bit Windows 7 computer. The lame encoder (lame_enc.dll) placed in the same directory as Wavosaur works fine with both the previous (older) version of Wavosaur and the newest 32 bit version of Wavosaur (1.1.0.0); but it does not work with the 64 bit version. Everything else seems to work fine so far. Is there an installation step in Windows that I missed, does one need to somehow acquire a 64 bit version of the lame encoder, or is this a limitation/bug for exporting MP3 files in the 64 bit version of Wavosaur?
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes you need 64 bit version of lame encoder: a 64 bits application loads only 64 bits dll file.
http://www.wavosaur.com
Bertie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wavosaur Main Developer wrote:
Hi,

Yes you need 64 bit version of lame encoder: a 64 bits application loads only 64 bits dll file.

Does this also apply to VST plugins? On opening the rack and scanning in 64 bit, it it reporting 0 plugins found, even though its the correct folder and they are there. As plugins are basically .dll files, do they have to be 64 bit to be detected?
donde

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Lame Encoder Reply with quote

I found a 64 bit version of the lame encoder and it works with the 64 bit version of Wavosaur. Problem solved, thank you! I suspect the same might be true for plug-ins.
Bertie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lame Encoder Reply with quote

donde wrote:
I found a 64 bit version of the lame encoder and it works with the 64 bit version of Wavosaur. Problem solved, thank you! I suspect the same might be true for plug-ins.

Confirmed, for others having this problem, this is true.

On downloading the 32-bit version of Wavosaur, which of course will work on a 64 bit operating system, the rack now sees the 32 bit plugins on a scan.

Well done also for correcting the bug in the VST host as my Steinberg plugins now work correctly again.
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okayyyyyy
http://www.wavosaur.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :