Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie -- combining tracks help

angelxwings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Newbie -- combining tracks help Reply with quote

I have 3 tracks, all recorded in wavosaur. There's 3 because my recording was interrupted and I want to combine them into 1 long smooth track.

I believe they were recorded in stereo. I tried simply mixing them but they run on top of each other, which I don't want. I also try making a mark at the end of one and pasting the next part where the mark is, but then it deletes the tracks entirely and I have to exit the modified track (unsaved) and restart the program and essentially start over. Bang to the beat drum

Can someone tell me how to combine my 3 smaller tracks and make them 1 big track? Thank you!
FordMustang

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

works for me
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

you have to understand the concept of "selection" and "cursor" :
click on the image to enlarge

there are 3 files :

first one is "all selected" the selection covers all the file
second one has no selection (you can see the CURSOR in the middle)
third one has a selection

when you use "copy" :
the selection is copied into the clipboard

when you use "paste" :
- if there's a selection : the selection is replaced with the clipboard (the data you have copied)
- if there's no selection, the data in the clipboard is inserted at cursor

click with the mouse to set the cursor where you want

click , hold and drag to make a selection
angelxwings

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this hasn't resolved my issue. I understand selected/deselected and copy and paste.
I'm getting an error when I try to copy and paste them in an order, not over-layed. Sometimes my program will replace my original file with the pasted one, even though no waves were selected. When I try to undo this, my entire file will be emptied and I have to start over.

I've continued to look extensively over the forums and found some people were having a similar issue due to the size of what they were trying to paste to the clipboard.

My temporary solution is to combine the files in Audacity and modify it in Wavosaur. this isn't really a good solution but it's a solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :