Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Record settings help

biferi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Record settings help Reply with quote

I am useing Wavosaur and when I go into Options Tab and then Audio Configuration Tab I set Sample Rate and Imput and Output and things like that.

I would like to Record with these settings
Sample Rate 44.100 Hz at 16 Bit Stereo

I just see ware I set my Sample Rat so I set it to 44.100 Hz but I don't see ware I set my Bit Depth and Mono or Stereo

Thanks
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

the bit depth is 16 bits by default, you can change it to 8 or 24 bits : you have to edit the wavosaur.cfg file and change the AudioInBitDepth entry.

the recording is stereo.
biferi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Need more help Reply with quote

If when you record it will always be 16 Bit Depth then if I change it to 8. Bit I understand it will just be taking some Bits away.

But if I chang it to 24 Bits after recording like you told me I can do how is it doing this???
How can it ad more Bits to the File that was recorded???
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure to understand what you want to do

you have to modify the wavosaur.cfg file (to 24 bits or 8 bits) before recording.

if you have recorded a file, the bit depth is the bit depth defined in wavosaur.cfg when the file was recorded (16 bits if you haven't edited wavosaur.cfg file)
biferi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Thanks one more thing Reply with quote

How do you edit the Waveasure CONFIG File???

And one more thing if I have a wave clip that I cut from some other audio file I know I go to File and then New and put
Number of Channles 2 and sample rate what is the Length???

It has 1,000 but what if what I want to past inside the blank window is only 5 SEC long????

I left it at Length 1,000 and pasted a file that was only 5. sec long and it toock the whole thing anyway so I did not know what the Length number was for???
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wavosaur creates a configuration file, this file is wavosaur.cfg and it's created in the folder where the wavosaur executable is.

just open wavosaur.cfg with a text editor (notepad)

http://www.wavosaur.com/quick-help/editing-wavosaur.cfg.php

If you want to copy a clip to a new file it's faster to choose "copy" then "paste in new file"

when you choose "New" it creates a blank file, with the default length of 1 second. If you paste something to this new file, the length will be 1 second + the length of the clip (if you use paste insert).

i think there's a bug with paste replacing (ie selecting all the blank file and pasting), so you'd better use the "paste in new file" that is 100% working
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :

Recording help (17-Dec-2008)
Recording Level (07-Aug-2007)
Riping help (13-Dec-2008)
Record 24 bits audio (05-Sep-2008)