Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project abandonned? Open source it!

andyb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Project abandonned? Open source it! Reply with quote

I've been a fan of Wavosaur for years. I love the efficient UI and the fact that the binary is only ~700K.

However, like other people have posted in the bug report forum, Wavosaur has been unable to open large files for years. With no progress on this bug, I'm wondering what the future is for the project.

I'm pretty sure the community would fix it within a few weeks if the project was open sourced. I could probably do it myself. Is there any chance this could happen?
geoslake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah its a bit disappointing, esp as they got quite a few donations it seems (i donated twice)(not that they HAVE to, but still).

I think it should be kept very simple, but the big file bug and the lack of (configurable) kb shortcuts is really a pain Sad

Also, with some vst its not WYHIWYG, often the preview is clean but when the fx is applied, a lot of saturation occurs.
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

But do you have few thousands of dollars to continue this project?
I think you don't work for nothing, and the guys working to you in this project don't work for ... nothing.

I would prefer sending you releases each days. But compared to last years, now audio editor is not really the main waiting of the web... Now if you want money on the web send a video of your cat playing guitar or hunt pikachu... But don't spent 1000 hours for DSP coding. It's the life.

No open source version.
http://www.wavosaur.com
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry!!

>>I'm pretty sure the community would fix it within a few weeks if the project was open sourced. I could probably do it myself. Is there any chance this could happen?

You know, after years and years coding, I know that: if it's easy, it exists! If it doesn't exist...

I'm pretty sure it's possible to you to understand that.
And please do it!!!!! make your own editor!Please, I'm waiting your "chef d'oeuvre" to use it, stopping using Wavosaur...
Try to start quickly please!
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news about your development??

Wavosaur is only:

- 104 *.cpp files (and >104 *.h files)
- 1 325 806 bytes for the size of the code (*.cpp files)

So in 2 weeks (14 days/10 hours per days) it's just 80 minutes by file (class) or just 157 char by minutes (2.6keys by second).

So don't spend your time compiling, don't think (not necesseray it's so simple), just code it! It's just possible!

Congrats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :