Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Record only one channel

r3inhout

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Record only one channel Reply with quote

Hi! I have had a hard time getting my m-audio fast track usb to work. At first I couldn't receive anything but noise until I discovered Wavosaur. The program started and the VU meter showed me something strange..
http://i59.tinypic.com/289c0mx.jpg
Even though my audio interface should be only sending information on one channel, it emits an awfull lot of noise on the left channel and the real sound (guitar playing) is put on the right channel. Because other software was putting them together and the noise on the left channel is so loud I could never discover the sound coming from the guitar.
My question to you is:
How can I set up Wavosaur to only record the right channel?
I can record them both and then process it to convert to mono right channel only but that's a step I'd want to get rid of. It's also difficult to play along the other tracks because of the volume of the noise.

Thanks in advance for your imput!
R3inhout[url][/url][/b]
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We haven't yet added a "mono" record,
that shouldn't be a problem, it's very easy and fast to convert to mono (you can event batch convert to mono!).

about the m-audio fast track : i have one somewhere so i plugged and did the test :

don't forget to turn the "mic input" knob all the way down when recording the guitar input : i did so and no more unwanted noise on the other channel !
r3inhout

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some drivers I had to change the mic imput to be able to record the guitar so I got used to turn the mic all the way up. Thanks for your help! It seems that there's always a stupid little thing I'm overlooking Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :

Recording Level (07-Aug-2007)
Record settings help (05-Jan-2009)
Recording help (17-Dec-2008)
1 file, 3 channels (11-Apr-2009)
Record at marker (29-Oct-2008)