Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the sound of the resample and pitch algorithm

vs

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: the sound of the resample and pitch algorithm Reply with quote

Hi!

I really love the way the resample and pich algorithm sound without the filter and the interpolation. I has some kind of lofi character that is really outstanding (if you like lo-fi Wink, reminds me a bit of vintage samplers.
I usually have 3 steps for my drums. I open the 44khz drums, then resample to 88khz without processing, then resample to 33khz and the pitch the drums down around 12 cents.
Is there a way to automate this? I even thought about trying to programme a little vst plugin myself to have this sound available in my host. Is the way the resampling and pitch shifting has been programmed in Wavosaur very complicated?

Besides that, I really love Wavosaur, I stopped using Soundforge a year ago and didn't look back. Bravo for such a good program!!!
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, welcome to the forum

i like the crunchy sound of "no interpolation" too ! for the moment it's not automatable, i think the best solution is to develop a VST plugin, and use it with rack + batch & preset for processing a bunch of files.

i'll ask the dev if there is something special about the "no filter / no interpolation " method !
vs

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would really be great! I hope there is no rocket science in it. I never programmed a vst plugin before, so a quick and reasy algorithm would help me very much Wink
vs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get any answer from the dev?
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: resample and pitch algorithm Reply with quote

Hi,

Well unfortunately it's not planned to work on this type of features: we have lot's things to do on high priority features.
http://www.wavosaur.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :