Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very great wav editor! Congratulations!

fionescu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Very great wav editor! Congratulations! Reply with quote

very good job guys. I just discover wavosaur!

thanks

fionescu
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you fionescu.
http://www.wavosaur.com
monkeybumper

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Cool
jonty

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: I particularly like the batch processing mode. Reply with quote

I've been using Wavosaur to process large numbers of MP3s to use in my iPod, the canal phones I'm using, Panasonic hje50, sound great and are very sensitive but they lack deep bass. I boost the bass with a subharmonic synthesizer VST plugin and then EQ it even more with a 31 band equalizer VST plugin. Finally I use a stereo expander VST plugin.

I now have MP3s that make my iPod sound like a live concert, lots of bass and will get as loud as you can stand and still sound crystal clear.

The ability to batch process large numbers of files makes Wavosaur unique as far as I can tell. I've tried a number of sound editors and none of them so far can do what Wavosaur does.

Kudos, you have produced a fine piece of software.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jonty,
I was about to write a tutorial about this kind of processing : set up a chain of VST effect, then use the batch processor to apply this effect chain, do not hesitate to post other good examples of Wavosaur's utilisation
jonty

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Wavosaur batch processing and other freeware Reply with quote

Rex wrote:
Thanks jonty,
I was about to write a tutorial about this kind of processing : set up a chain of VST effect, then use the batch processor to apply this effect chain, do not hesitate to post other good examples of Wavosaur's utilisation

It would simplify things a bit if Wavosaur had an MP3 option for output, but I understand that there may be legal implications for that.

I'm using CDex to convert the WAV files output by Wavosaur to MP3s since it has an easy batch processing mode and a nice variety of settings for the MP3 output.

I might mention that I preprocess my MP3s with MP3Gain before I submit them to Wavosaur, I've found it does a very good job of getting the songs to the same apparent loudness to the human ear.

I haven't yet used the normalizing function of Wavosaur, I would like to ask if it just normalizes to the peak waveforms or does it do a statistical analysis on the sound to match the sensitivity of the human ear the way MP3Gain does?

I've managed to automate the entire process with nothing but freeware, I've grown very fond of freeware since it is usually more simple and understandable than much commercial software. A lot of commercial software tries to do too much and becomes unwieldy, bloated and non intuitive.

Just recently I have switched to a dual boot system with the Linux distro PCLinuxOS which I like quite a bit. Have you any intention of porting Wavosaur to Linux?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual normalizing fonction in Wavosaur is "to the peak", i think we have somewhere in the todo list a RMS normalization and some kind of features like that.

For the moment there is no Linux port planned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :