Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batch jobs and id3 tags

sw1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Batch jobs and id3 tags Reply with quote

I like to record streaming audio and export the files in mp3 format. Then I burn them (in mp3 format) to a cd for playback on my audio system.

I have hundreds of such mp3 files, most of them in 192 kbps and I tried using Wavosaur's batch process to convert a large group of them to 128 kpbs (since I can fit more files on a cd). The conversion process worked well, except the id3 tags that are present on my 192 kbps files are missing on the newly created 128 kbps files.

1. Is it possible for the batch / conversion process to include the id3 tags on the new 128 kbps files?
    2. Does anyone have any other general advice regarding what I'm trying to accomplish?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

for the moment there is no way to keep the id3 tag

you should burn your file as 192 kbps or record at 128 kbps. but re-encoding always lower the quality : 192 kbps files converted to 128 kbps has lower quality than a directly-encoded-to-128-kbps file
sw1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex wrote:
Hello,
for the moment there is no way to keep the id3 tag
you should burn your file as 192 kbps or record at 128 kbps. but re-encoding always lower the quality : 192 kbps files converted to 128 kbps has lower quality than a directly-encoded-to-128-kbps file

Understood. I can live with the smaller number of 192 kbps mp3's that can be burned on the cd versus 128 kbps.

Thanks for responding and your comments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :