Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crossfade loop - constant power (please)

balanced

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Crossfade loop - constant power (please) Reply with quote

Hi and thaks for the nicest free audio editor!

Although I think it would be even more nice if the crossfade loop could be made with constant power fade curves instead of linear ones. An option for this? This might not be the biggest thing but it would allow us to edit smooth loops (steady notes, chords, ambiences) without a volume gap in audio. Which makes the crossfade kinda useless..

I just checked Acoustica and it still can not do that, even though that should be pretty basic. Sound Forge Audio Studio does it (by default, no options for other curves I believe) but for some reason produces also clics to fade region start and end (!)

If I had to buy a premium €€€ audio editing suite for this I would feel quite dumb.. And I would rather support free software also.

What say you?

Cheers,

Antti
Sound Designer
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Antti,

That's a good suggestion, the crossfade is set to "equal gain" for the moment, and adding equal power is very possible (and that's planned, i see a "custom" that is grayed in the crossfade menu)
balanced

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks for the reply!

That would really help especially with creating longer ambience loops where you need to do a longer fade and you really hear the volume drop.

I guess the next thing to do could then be to be able to manually define the loop crossfade point? But really this first one would solve a lot.

Nice to have such quick feedback, keep going. I will get back when I find new suggestions.

-A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :