Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording limit?

homer813

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Recording limit? Reply with quote

I'm able to record through the microphone just fine. I've done several of them saving them as wave files. However, I had recorded a phone conversation the other day that went nearly an hour and a half. When I stopped the recording, there was nothing saved. Just curious if there is some sort of limitation to the length of the recording, and if there was a way around it.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Depending on your configuration, Wavosaur can't open large files, but the record is not lost, there is a .rec file in the folder, this is the recording, check its size.
homer813

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean in the program folder? If so, there isn't one. I did this a few days ago and it was probably lost. I just want to know what I'm doing for the next time, so that I'm not recording for nothing. How would i set up the configuration so that i can record long conversations?
jim50

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering how one would open the .rec file, or how to recover it. I recorded an hour program but can't seem to open it now.

suggestions appreciated
Thanks
andrew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Work around on cfg file for larger files Reply with quote

Rex wrote:
Depending on your configuration, Wavosaur can't open large files, but the record is not lost, there is a .rec file in the folder, this is the recording, check its size.

Hello, just started using Wavosaur and I think it is excellent. Okayyyyyy

But like the other blokes on this thread I've had some problems with large files. I've been trying to record my class lectures which run to just under 2hrs but the recording never seems to work - the resulting record file is only a couple hundred kb. So, I am naturally curious as to what modification I need to make to the cfg in order to better facilitate recording and recall of these lectures?

Thank you for whatever guidance you can provide!
brainscan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: any improvements? Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a question. It is possible to make Wavosaur to open bigger files? I think a lot of people have the problem with recording and thay do not want to use another application for that.
Iam asking you whather it is problem to fix it or not.. I will consider to donate your developing if you "remove" some blocker issues e.g. this recording issue..

Thanks. Wink
2 Unlimited

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO No, No no no no
There's no limit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :

Recording help (17-Dec-2008)
Recording Level (07-Aug-2007)
Markers Limit (12-Aug-2008)