Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

“Clipboard channel number:1 Unable to paste data”

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: “Clipboard channel number:1 Unable to paste data” Reply with quote

When working with larger wav (8Kz,8bit,Mono [audio books]) audio files (several 28Mb files), the Wavosaur (1.0.4) will “forget” the file being worked on. This usually happens when trying to paste from a temporary ‘working’ window into the main file. The message I get is: “Clipboard channel number:1 Unable to paste data” From this point Wavsour is a zombie looking for an official crash. Wavsour has lost the entire file that the paste was pasting into. I can force this condition by starting with 2 (two), 28M .wav files and copy one (to the paste buffer/clipboard) and go back to the other and paste it into it 4 times & on the 5th paste the above error message appears. Wavsour loses all track of the new file with no known way (that I know of) to even attempt recovery.

I have lost so many good and long sessions that I have tried to track this down. I have tried many combinations of file sizes and the prob. Is around the magical file size of 128Mb. It is true that I have worked with files in the 350Mb range & have been successful @ doing *SOME* operations. However I must hold my breath & pray to God that he will allow this operation goes through (because I did not save my work out to disk yet! – my bad!) However when I work with these files and they are over a rather slow net connection, u tend not to backup every change made.

It rather appears that Wavsour was designed for older hardware with very limited memory.

However with all my lost work, Wavsour is a great product overall, and I hope that tracking down this prob might make it a better product.

Ps. I know something close has been mentioned before but without a specific error message.

Thank you and “the team” for your talented effort.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

please define "forget"

Wavosaur is not optimized for large files, that's something we can add for next versions to come , but due to the lack of "enthousiasm" and feedback we get on this project i can't say this will be very soon.

The "unable to paste data" happens when the number of channel in source and destination file do not match.

we have to find the best way to handle copy/paste from files with different number of channels: Wavosaur is multichannel, not only mono/stereo so it's not so trivial
Joel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: please define "forget" Reply with quote

please define "forget"

When copied clip is pasted into the working audio, on the container/window of the working file the working window no longer contains any audio, length =0sec., nothing in window anymore, lost it all. The app is stilling running but all the work done to that point is destroyed. (is there a way to get back up to the last step via any kind of recovery?)

To test this condition start with 2 (two), 28M .wav files and copy one (to the paste buffer/clipboard) and go back to the other and paste it into it 4 times & on the 5th paste the above error message appears.

Ps.... I am only using MONO, ie NO multichannel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :