Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Import wav or mp3: just a hiss

bufocalvin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Import wav or mp3: just a hiss Reply with quote

I have a wav file. I tried to import it, and all I get is a short hiss (the file plays correctly in Windows Media). I converted it to mp3 (using freerip) and got the same result. Suggestions? Thanks!
bufocalvin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Different Effect Reply with quote

I also tried importing a wav into Sound Recorder first. That time, I could hear some music, but it sounded very speeded up, as if you took a vinyl record and spun it with your hand quickly. I couldn't make out the vocals, but I could hear the music.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Can you upload the file ? so we can see if there's a bug or something wrong with the wav import.
bufocalvin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Rights Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't upload it because I don't have the rights for distribution. I was able to use wavosaur with a CD track, but not with the .wav.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does the .wav come from ?
is this a compressed wav ?

How does the "short hiss" look ? what is the total duration and sample number of the imported file in Wavosaur (you can read it with menu -> Files -> properties ) ?
bufocalvin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate the quick responses! I originally downloaded the file from tvtunesonline (an ASCAP site).

Hmm...now it says it can't open the file at all. I was able to convert the file to an .mp3 (using Free MP3 WMA Converter Plus!). That loaded into wavosaur, and I could see two (identical) tracks. It played in Wavosaur and sounded fine. When I ran the vocal remover, everything was removed (nothing visual, nothing to play).

The properties of the wav file (according to Windows) are: Bit Rate: 20kbps, Channel: 1 (mono), Audio Sample Rate: 11 khz, and audioformat: MPEG-Layer 3.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The properties of the wav file (according to Windows) are: Bit Rate: 20kbps, Channel: 1 (mono), Audio Sample Rate: 11 khz, and audioformat: MPEG-Layer 3.

it sounds like a mp3 embedded into .wav file, renaming from .wav to .mp3 make it open fine in Wavosaur

Vocal remover option works only on stereo files
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :