Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Export as MP3 with Lame encoder

Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Export as MP3 with Lame encoder Reply with quote

more info @ http://www.wavosaur.com/forum/export-as-mp3-with-wavosaur-lame-encoder-setup-t335.html

- Download the lame encoder dll (lame_enc.dll)
you can find it over the internet, on website like this
- Unzip and place the lame_enc.dll into your Wavosaur folder, or in a system folder.
- (re)Launch Wavosaur
- You can now export MP3 from menu Files->Export->Export as MP3

Last edited by Rex on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
mwr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did that (put the lame_enc.dll file in the wavosaur folder) and I still couldn't export mp3. On a hunch, I put the dll file in the folder containing the original sound file which was also the folder the edited mp3 file was to be saved to. That worked. As a test I removed the dll file from that input/output folder and it again wouldn't export mp3. As soon as I put it back in, it exported mp3.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't able to reproduce that, it works for me with the lame dll next to the Wavosaur executable (or in a system folder)
Are there any other user with the same problem ?
AnalogDevice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am experiencing the same problem. I was testing the mp3-export by putting the lame_enc.dll into wavosaur's directory or windows-dir. or windows\system-directory and always reloading Wavosaur i changed the dll position.
Is there a solution ?
I am testing on a Vista 64 system with Wavosaur 1.0.5.0.
wellthatsucks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem. Working dll for 64bit:

http://www.rarewares.org/files/mp3/lame3.99.5-64.zip
DerekPhelps

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Problem Solved Reply with quote

Had same issue, solved by downloading the 64 bit lame .dll from the link provided by from 'Wellthatsucks'. replaced the 32 bit version i had installed in the .exe running directory and export worked flawlessly.

Amazing functionality in such a compact package, wish more developers followed your style.
Okayyyyyy
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes Mr. Green
Antonio L

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: More wav to mp3 problems Reply with quote

Your audio editor was retrieved essentially to trim prerecorded internet radio music in mp3-compacted form. So it was a surprise that Wavosaur's otherwise useful software perforce saves the result in FAR larger wav format. Why? I presume that once a sound file is compressed its original fidelity cannot be recovered, regardless of new format and size. Am I mistaken?

Also surprising, and disappointing, is that the clever folks who created software as compact and versatile as this didn't either include a converter to the popular format in the standard programme; or offer it as an optional plug-in or whatever.

Anyway, your lame-encoder instructions were followed but neither site is working - lame indeed. So the onerous alternative is a lengthy transfer to a converting website and retrieval of the re-compacted file thereafter. Any simpler procedure will be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

Quote:
I presume that once a sound file is compressed its original fidelity cannot be recovered, regardless of new format and size. Am I mistaken?

no ,you're not mistaken Mr. Green , but the problem is not here :

the quality loss occurs when encoding : each time you export to mp3, you (re)-encode the file, and add degradation.
saving as wav assure that you have the same sound you had when recording without any more degradation

Quote:
surprising, and disappointing, is that the clever folks who created software as compact and versatile as this didn't either include a converter to the popular format in the standard programme; or offer it as an optional plug-in or whatever.

the mp3 licence may seem to be free for the end user, but it''s not free for the developper
if we include the mp3 encoding to our software, we have to pay the licence for using mp3 (and it's not cheap!) : we can't continue to offer free software if we had to pay the mp3 fees
Antonio L

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Rex, for the prompt reply. I had commented:

> >> I presume that once a sound file is compressed its original fidelity cannot be recovered, regardless of new format and size. Am I mistaken?
>
> > no ,you're not mistaken Mr. Green ,..

"Mr. Green"? I am impressed that what has been removed - after all one talks of lossLESS editing - can somehow be 'unlossed'. But I don't doubt that you are correct. If you know of a link that explains this I'd be interested in learning more. But this is of secondary importance and I don't want to impose on you.

I WOULD be grateful, however, if you can confirm that an mp3 file from which Wavousaur has removed only a few seconds at the beginning or the end of a recording and then converted to wav will, to discerning ears at least, actually sound better than the original. If so and if storage space isn't an issue, then reconversion won't be necessary.

> > ...but the problem is not here :
>
> the quality loss occurs when encoding : each time you export to mp3, you (re)-encode the file, and add degradation.
> saving as wav assure that you have the same sound you had when recording without any more degradation

This at least partially answers my earlier question. The conversion to mp3 is evidently both (and mainly) reductive but also ADDITIVE.

> ...the mp3 licence may seem to be free for the end user, but it''s not free for the developper

Ah, fair enough.

> > if we include the mp3 encoding to our software, we have to pay the licence for using mp3 (and it's not cheap!) : we can't continue to offer free software if we had to pay the mp3 fees

I completely understand.

You say nothing about the lame-encoder problems. If there's an alternative I hope you'll let me know.

Again, many thanks.

Antonio
mcminn22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Lame is not working for 32 bit or 64 bit Reply with quote

I have downloaded both the 32 bit and 64 bit lame MP3 files, extracted into the directory where Wavosaur EXE files is located. I have also placed the MP3 in that same directory. I reloaded Wavosaur each time and continue to receive the Wavosaur error; Unable to export mp3 files. Make sure lame encoder is installed.

I don't know what else to do and it seems from the Posts above it is working for some people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :