Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help with MP3 ringtones

tallpokerpro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Please help with MP3 ringtones Reply with quote

Hi everyone.....I am using Wavosaur to make my custom ringtones and then I convert them to mp3 format for my phone. I sometimes notice that when I amplify the tone it sounds very bad on my phone. Also the tone sometimes goes from loud to softer and then back again. Finally some tones have the "hissing" sound in the background. If anyone could please give me tips on making clear and loud quality tones I would truly appreciate it. I apologize that I am not very educated when it comes to sound mixing and/or altering so please keep that in mind. Thank you for any help......
toxonic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use some bars of an own track as ringtone too, but there occured no problems! keep in mind, that an mp3 will never sound that cool on your phone as on your stereo with good speakers because of the very limited frequency range and quality of your phone speaker! use mono files if possible, at least 128 kbps compression and take care of clipping! maybe you should try not to use files normalized to 0 db!
GaryG

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the few times i've made an mp3 for ringtone use i've run it through a compressor plugin (quite heavy settings) to flatten out the dynamics thus allowing an increase in volume. You may lose some 'subtlety' in the recording but you're not going to appreciate that over a mobiles speaker anyway. The higher overall level can help noise levels too (if you set the compressors threshold correctly so low level noise wasn't pulled up too).

Hardly 'proper' audio engineering practice but good enough for ringtones. Wink

gary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :