Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edit out single word

kentek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Edit out single word Reply with quote

Greetings all,
I'm a newbie on audio editing and need some help:

I have sound track from a video i am editing that the principle speaker dropped the "f-bomb" twice. I need to figure out how to remove a single word.
Is this doable in Wavosaur?

Thanks in advance.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, welcome to the forum.

If you have the sound track file in wav or mp3 format (or aiff), you can open it with Wavosaur : menu->Files->Open

Then you can play the sound, and search for the word you need to remove by moving the "playbar cursor" or the fast forward button while the sound is playing.

Then you have to select the part you want to remove --> use the mouse : left click + drag to highlight the selection.

Then you can cut the audio part with CTRL+X or DEL or menu->Edit->cut or delete.

Tell me if this helps
kentek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks Rex Reply with quote

thanks, Rex.

This is probably a case of "RFB" read the .....book. But, I'm just like everyone else I think.

I will see if I can make this work.

ken wood
snotskie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or thers always the mute selection button (top row 3rd in from right) if cutting it messes up any timing
of course, you'll be able to tell there was a word taken out tho, but maybe thtll help, idk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :