Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help on a thing conerning editing

al messeder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: I need help on a thing conerning editing Reply with quote

every time I transfer voice wave files from my mp3 recorder I can edit them normally but once I edit and resave the file, when I play it , it playsback as if it where chewed...how do i go to solve such problem...is it possible through wavosaur remake voice files that present such problem into normal ones...? how?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm sure we can sort it out:

What is the format of the loaded file ? mp3 or wav or aiff or other
What is the samplerate of the file ? 44100hz , 22050hz or other
If a .wav is this a compressed wav file ? (µlaw or a-law or ADPCM or other)

Did you save as .wav file or export an mp3 file ?
Dis you change the samplerate/pitch before saving ?

Can you send the file ? (by mail or uploading it on rapidshare or megaupload)

What "chewed" means ? faster or lower pitch, distortion, noise ?

Thank you for reporting, if this is a bug we'll be able to fix that.
al messeder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: your qoute Reply with quote

Hi rex , thxs for your reply...answering your questions:
the original format input was wave, did edit it, although exported it as Mp3 of 128, the program didn´t do it, did try to save as wave but the problem also persisted ...when playing it back, the "chewed" like sound mentioned is wout interference but with a sort of silence , i did think of repittching it , but unware of what would be the rate necessary.
Can u give an email to where I send the file?
cheers,
al messeder

Rex wrote:
Hello,
I'm sure we can sort it out:

What is the format of the loaded file ? mp3 or wav or aiff or other
What is the samplerate of the file ? 44100hz , 22050hz or other
If a .wav is this a compressed wav file ? (µlaw or a-law or ADPCM or other)

Did you save as .wav file or export an mp3 file ?
Dis you change the samplerate/pitch before saving ?

Can you send the file ? (by mail or uploading it on rapidshare or megaupload)

What "chewed" means ? faster or lower pitch, distortion, noise ?

Thank you for reporting, if this is a bug we'll be able to fix that.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can send the sample at contact@wavosaur.com
al messeder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: file sent...file name: silvana melo 11 Reply with quote

hi REx , if u can fix it ...could u pls orient me on how to perform when handling such file through wavosaur? I am quite limited on these editing matters : (

Rex wrote:
You can send the sample at contact@wavosaur.com
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have received the file.
It looks like ADPCM compressed file.

Is this file saved from Wavosaur ?
or is this a file coming directly from your recorder ? (i don't think because i can hear problems in this file)

But i don't understand all the story.
Wavosaur can open some ADPCM files (not all type) but only if the file extension is .vox, not .wav.
Can you describe all the operations you did ?
al messeder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Rex;
the file was directly downloaded from the recoder as wave of 32 onto my PC - in order to have good quality. I opened it on wavosaur and resaved it after editting it. All other files I download from the recorder present the same problem after being opened, manipulated and then resaved by wavosaur. Should I avoid to record using the wave feature of my recorder and keep it as a vox file? Is it possible to recuperate the files that are equal to the one u heard?

Rex wrote:
Hi,

or is this a file coming directly from your recorder ? (i don't think because i can hear problems in this file)

Wavosaur can open some ADPCM files (not all type) but only if the file extension is .vox, not .wav.
al messeder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FORGOT SAYING THAT IF I AIR THE FILE STRAIGHT FROM THE RECORDER WOUT ANY EDITING PROCESS THE FILES PLAY PERFECTLY

Rex wrote:
Hi,

Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it must be a problem with the ADPCM compression,
Wavosaur can decode Dialogic ADPCM ( VOX audio format) but the .wav files you have are surely a slightly different format.
We will surely add support for these format as soon as we find the specification for decoding it.

But i still don't understand all :
the recorder stores the files as .vox or as .wav ?
can you choose the compressing format on the recorder ?
Is the transfer from the recorder to the hard disk "transparent" ? or does it implies a conversion ?

The file you sent has been opened then saved in Wavosaur or just transfered directly from the recorder ?
because the quality is bad, whatever is use to play it.
al messeder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI AGAIN REX : )
- THE RECORDER GIVES ME OPTIONS OF RECORDING FORMAT, WHICH ARE: WAVE 32, ACT 8 VOR 32 E VOR 8 .

- I CAN DOWNLOAD VIA PC USB STR8 FROM RECORDER ONTO THE HD, IT DOESN´T IMPLY ANY CONVERTION AT THIS POINT.

- AS I WAS USING THE WAVE RECORDING MODE, WAVOSAUR OPENS THE FILE NORMALLY, EDITS IT NORMALLY BUT WHEN WORKING WITH THE FILE IS FINISHED IT HAS TO RESAVE THE FILE, WHICH GOES STR8 TO THE WAVE FORMAT ON WAVOSAUR OR I CAN EXPORT IT AS MP3 FILE INTO A DIRECTORY OR SUBSTITUTE THE PRIMARY BY THE NEW ONE...THE PROBLEM APPEARS WHEN PLAYING THE FILE...WHICH BRINGS THE PROBLEM U HAVE HEARD ALREADY.

- THE FILE I SENT WAS OPENED BY WAVOSAUR AND RESAVED BY IT. IT PLAYED OK BEFORE...IT TURNED OUT THE WAY U LISTENED.

MY DOUBTS: SHOULD I USE ONLY THE VOR OR ACT FORMAT WHEN USING THE RECORDER AND FURTHER THE PROGRAM TO EDIT THE FILES. SHOULD I PAY ATTENTION OR ALTER THE PITCH OF VOICE FILES WHILE WORKING IT THROU THE PROGRAM , IF YES WHAT SHOULD BE THE RIGHT PITCH MODE? HERE I WILL NEED REALLY GUIDANCE AS I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH R THE BEST LEVELS FOR SUCH ALTERNANCES.

CHEERS AND TXS FOR YOUR ATTENTION ONCE MORE

quote="Rex"]I think it must be a problem with the ADPCM compression,
Wavosaur can decode Dialogic ADPCM ( VOX audio format) but the .wav files you have are surely a slightly different format.
We will surely add support for these format as soon as we find the specification for decoding it.

But i still don't understand all :
the recorder stores the files as .vox or as .wav ?
can you choose the compressing format on the recorder ?
Is the transfer from the recorder to the hard disk "transparent" ? or does it implies a conversion ?

The file you sent has been opened then saved in Wavosaur or just transfered directly from the recorder ?
because the quality is bad, whatever is use to play it.[/quote]
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, i think we may have found a very specific bug.
Can you send us some short sample files downloaded straight from your recorder ? in all of these format : WAVE 32, ACT 8 VOR 32 E VOR 8

So we can test and i'm sure we'll find a fix!
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received the files, thanks!

Now it's even more mysterious because the .wav can't be opened in Wavosaur it gives an error message (this is the normal normal behaviour for a format that we don't support for the moment).

none of those files work in Wavosaur

i still don't understand how you managed to open the files in Wavosaur (and played and edit the files without problems until you save)
al messeder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hum , weird : ) , as for me it´s enough to clique on open file on wavooo and bam ...it opens, maybe my pc has got some sort of plug-in or codec that faciitate such things...So..what do i do? encode these voice files onto what sort of format ? I did download the winLame , as advised bythe site in order to avoid problems while exporting on mp3 through wavosaur...Manipulating those files is crucial for me Rex, do need your know-how on how to work around this thing...
cheers
al messeder

Rex wrote:
I have received the files, thanks!

Now it's even more mysterious because the .wav can't be opened in Wavosaur it gives an error message (this is the normal normal behaviour for a format that we don't support for the moment).

none of those files work in Wavosaur

i still don't understand how you managed to open the files in Wavosaur (and played and edit the files without problems until you save)
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to have THE .wav file coming from your recorder and that can be opened in Wavosaur.

Wavosaur does not use other codecs than the lame/wavpack/vorbis (mp3, .wv, ogg).

If i can't open the file you sent it's impossible that you can open it with Wavosaur, no matter the system and the plugins.

You are using the last version ? Wavosaur 1.0.3.0
al messeder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , that´s the version I am using

Rex wrote:
I really need to have THE .wav file coming from your recorder and that can be opened in Wavosaur.

Wavosaur does not use other codecs than the lame/wavpack/vorbis (mp3, .wv, ogg).

If i can't open the file you sent it's impossible that you can open it with Wavosaur, no matter the system and the plugins.

You are using the last version ? Wavosaur 1.0.3.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :