Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory allocation error

OneDayJD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Memory allocation error Reply with quote

Anyone ever get this error? I'm trying to open a podcast mp3 so I can break it up into individual tracks but when I try to open it it says memory allocation error and then unable to load file X.mp3. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help.
-t
Nusschen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: memory allocation error Reply with quote

Hello,

I myself get exactly the same Error Message when loading an .mp3 or .wav-file.
I don't know if it depends on the length of the file - it mostly happens on large files. The last .mp3 file was about 138MB big by 1hour41minutes. I recorded this .mp3 file with phonostarPlayer and have want to cut it in several pieces. I hope that anyone of you can help us or has any suggestions.
One idea is to cut the file with NCH's Slice Audio File Splitter, but I'm not convinced by this programm.

In the hope of getting help,
Dietmar
Nusschen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm sorry for my post above - I have seen that large files are a problem in general.

Nevertheless I want to thank you all for this great programm - and I hope that there will be a lot of new donators. This would be a nice easter egg!

I wish (and I think that all users have the same wish) that the Wavosaur team will work on this programm further on.
Can you tell us what the status quo is?

Dietmar
berban

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Loading Large MP3 Files Reply with quote

Hey,
Not sure if you are working with MP3s, but I have encountered this problem frequently while working with large mp3 files (i.e. greater than ~30 megabytes... they just won't open properly.) The way I work around this is to use this quick applet http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/mp3splt_page/home.php It's a command line (also GUI based I think, but I just use the command line) utility to split MP3s without decoding them. For example after you install it (drag all .dll files into c:\windows\system32) type into command prompt:
Code:
mp3splt "C:\My Dir\MyFile.mp3" 0.0.0 15.0.0 EOF
...where the path is the path of your mp3 file (this is where the splits will be created as well), the numbers with the decimals are splitpoint times in minutes.seconds.milliseconds (you can go above 60 minutes), EOF is "End Of File". This will split the file into n-1 files defined by the splitpoints, where n is the number of splitpoints you enter.
Hope that helps!

(note - it's "mp3splt" NOT "mp3split"... that tricked me up for a while!)
laugurinn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: solved (I think) Reply with quote

Had the same problem on Win 7 64 bit.

The problem seems to be simple, in my case at least.

2 things. I didn't know how to close files so I did what works in some other programs - File->New. I also didn't know you could have multiple files open at the same time so when I made the new file the other huge one stayed open behind. Restarting the program solves nothing since it reloads the last files that were open :)

If you see Wavosaur using huge amounts of memory in task manager this is probably your problem.

To close files use the lower and smaller x in the top right corner.

Coming from Sound Forge I have to say this is very nice this Wavosaur. Incredibly Fantastic even if you compare the price Wink

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :